COVID Booster Update – 8 October 2021
Abbeywell, Alma Road and North Baddesley surgeries will be working together as a network of practices to deliver COVID Booster vaccinations from Crosfield Hall. We have been working with Test Valley Borough Council to offer vaccinations alongside existing bookings at Crosfield Hall so others can still use the building with as little disruption as possible. Because we are working around other bookings at Crosfield Hall, we will be offering a select number of clinics each week. As before, we welcome the support of our local volunteers who will be present at all of our clinics.
Key things to note:
- Patients have to wait a minimum of 6 months between their second and booster doses.
- Invitations to book a booster dose (or a third dose for a small number of patients) will be sent to patients via text message (where your surgery has a mobile number recorded for you) or by phone call. Please do not contact the surgeries.
- To ensure we do not run out of vaccine, appointments will be booked in advance only. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Please arrive at the time of your scheduled appointment. Arriving too early or late can cause queues to form.
- We will try to minimise queues, but these may still be a possibility, so please do come dressed for any inclement weather.
- Everyone receiving their jab will need to wait on-site for 15mins afterwards in case of any immediate side effects.
- There will be no provision of free parking spaces so you will need to pay to park at Crosfield Hall.
- To protect others and our staff, we politely request the wearing of face coverings while on-site, unless medically exempt.
Patients who have been invited via the National Booking Service are still welcome to book their booster dose by calling 119 or online. However, we want to ensure those who are unable or do not wish to travel are still able to access their vaccination locally. We thank you for your patience and look forward to welcoming you back to clinics at Crosfield.